Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Home Office

So I finally start to work at home. First thing to do is get rid of the old desk and get a new one without a stupid keyboard tray. The trays are always to small for a keyboard and mouse and not very steady for typing. I got this Jerker computer terminal from IKEA instead, which allows you to keep your desk clean for just your keyboard and mouse. Everything else is elevated.Only problem is that I have installed it a bit too high and I have to disassemble it completely to lower it.

I will use my pc for coding. The ibook lacks a bit of power and I have to share it with Emilia. I need to install some linux flavor and stick with Suse for now. Ubuntu did not autodetect my dual head setup and I did not feel like modifying the config file. Although Suse also didn't support my setup out of the box it was easier to setup. There was a problem with the Acer AL1711 monitor. My hardware did not match the specification from the monitor info file, so I had to tweak the frequency ranges a bit.

I now got the basic office functionality and still need to setup the development environment. I can not use textmate so I will use radrails instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home