Thursday, January 19, 2006

Upgrading the homenetwork

In search for new storage space I opted for a NAS (Network Attached Storage) solution with the LaCie Ethernetdisk Mini 250GB. It is both a USB Drive and network drive but not together at the same time. As I wanted a dedicated network drive I formatted the drive to the linux filesystem format, which makes removes the possibility to use it as a USB drive. In hindsight I should have kept it to FAT32, as it faster to initially transfer your files through USB. It took me a day to move my files over the network. I am also not content with the noise of the drive. The main reason for using a NAS is to have my files available for all my computers without the need for a noisy server being on all the time.

I finally got the confirmation that my MyAdsl account will be cancelled next month, so I am free to make use of the Surfsnel offer: 10Mb downstream, 1Mb upstream for just 27,95 euros. Just one of the benefits of being a student again.

Tags:, ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home