Wednesday, October 19, 2005

FOSS in Developing Countries

The room was crowded and I wondered why so many people would be this interested in what's going on in developing countries. I know I was there because I grew up in a developing country.
Anyway it appears the speaker is a heavyweight, well connected and a pretty good presenter. Danese Cooper is from Intel. Now why this interest from intel in developing countries. Apparantly to sell chips. For intel it doesn't matter what is running on top as long as it is their chips underneath.

Denis also has some interesting toughts about this session.

Later on I spoke to Jeff Zucker, who has done a lot of work for the United Nations in developing countries. I am thinking of volunteering for such a project somewhere in the future.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home